As a DevOps engineer, you will be responsible for helping us put all of the pieces together. Working with our engineers, you will build out and automate our infrastructure, implement best practices to scale our platform, and help us process and store 35 million records a day. You will manage both our AWS assets and our local network, as well as perform constant performance analysis to ensure that our systems and processes are running as efficiently as possible. You should be a strong problem solver and a team-player with rock solid documentation skills.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field (or 4 years of relevant work experience)
● Strong Linux system administration and network management skills
● Strong experience with multiple languages like Python, Ruby/Rails, Java, Perl, etc.
● Experience building and scaling production applications infrastructure
● Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, etc.) or another IaaS provider
● Experience with Chef, Puppet or another automation tool
● Experience with Continuous Deployment Environments
Any of the following will really get us excited:
● Master’s in Computer Science or a related field
● High-availability system experience
● Expert knowledge in network security
● Experience managing database and data warehouse systems like PostgreSQL and Redshift and parallel processing platforms like Hadoop
About Analytics Media Group
Part tech start-up, part media analytics firm, we have big goals and are moving fast to accomplish them. We grew out of the Obama Campaign, where we used individual-level data to improve our ability to buy the most valuable ads for the money. Though we were outspent, our ability to target our audience in a sophisticated way meant our dollars went further than the oppositions'.We're bringing this methodology (and scrappiness!) to a broad array of clients, who range from Fortune 500 consumer companies to political candidates and interest groups. And we have made some waves--check out the New York Times Magazine profile of our approach: www.amg.tv/nyt