Sr. Software Engineer (Python Social Platform)
(Seniority based on experience)
San Francisco, CA
Ampush is an advertising technology company that helps brands and direct response advertisers achieve measurable business results on mobile-first native platforms such as Facebook and Twitter. Our AMP 2.0 marketing software takes the complexity out of native platform advertising by combining programmatic media optimization tools with rich audience data and end-to-end measurement solutions to deliver ad performance at scale.
Ampush is a Facebook Strategic Preferred Marketing Developer (sPMD) and Twitter Marketing Platform Partner, a double designation exclusive to a select group of technology partners. Ampush drives billions of ad impressions per month for large-scale brand marketers and agency partners across a range of verticals including travel, e-commerce, financial services, entertainment, and consumer packager goods. We have delivered strong performance for clients such as MasterCard, Rdio, Kellogg’s, HotelTonight, and GREE. Founded in 2009, Ampush is based in San Francisco, with offices in New York and Chicago.
Do you work best when surrounded by intelligent, ambitious, and humble people? Do you have a get-it-done attitude? Do you want to help shape the way social evolves in 2014 and beyond? Do you want to develop applied analytics on big data for hyper-personalization, efficient bidding and virality by leveraging massive data sets including the 1Bn+ users on Facebook’s Open Graph?
The ideal candidate will have outstanding programming skills, business acumen, and the ability to come up with creative ideas and transform them into high-quality software solutions. You are proficient in our technology stack, which includes Python, Django, Celery, MongoDB, MySQL, Redis, and Linux, and can pick up new technologies quickly as we evolve. We value innovation and ownership, and we have succeeded by staying nimble and taking smart risks, while always learning to improve ourselves every day. We strongly believe in our values found here…if this describes you, then it’s time to join Ampush.
What you’ll bring
- Expert in Python and its libraries including Django & Celery
- Solve complex problems with innovative and elegant design and deliver robust functionality on time
- Experience with NoSQL technologies (MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra, Hadoop, Hive, HBase)
- Experience with RDBMS (e.g. MySQL) and ability to write efficient queries with optimal structures
- Competently evaluate scalability trade-offs (memory, disk IO, CPU) for high volume systems
- Knowledge of OOP and scalable design patterns
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a sense of humor (enjoy the journey)
- Knowledge of the Facebook APIs (Open Graph, Ads)
- Experience with Machine Learning & Recommendation Systems (NumPy, PyTables, NumPy, SciPy)
- SCRUM / Agile development practices
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, Dental, and Vision premium coverage
- 401(K) with match
- Life and AD&D coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account benefits
- Uncapped vacation and sick time
- Daily catered lunches and a fully stocked kitchen
- Gym and ZipCar membership perks
- Free in-house yoga
- Located in SOMA in San Francisco close to CalTrain and Bart…and a bike rack in the office
Ampush is a technology company that helps advertisers achieve measurable business objectives on mobile-first native platforms such as Facebook and Twitter. Our AMP 2.0 marketing software takes the complexity out of native platform advertising by combining programmatic media optimization tools with rich audience data and end-to-end measurement solutions to deliver targeted reach at scale.