Founded by the creator of the YOU DON’T KNOW JACK® game series, The Jellyvision Lab, Inc. creates virtual teachers, advisors, and salespeople who make online learning and decision making delightful. In all that we do, our goal is to make complex topics simple and boring material interesting, using a combination of great design, unexpectedly funny content, and serious technology.
Of all the virtual people Jellyvision has created, the tallest and least afraid of bears is ALEX® (www.meetalex.com). ALEX helps companies talk their employees through the tricky choices they’ll have to make, like picking a health insurance plan, deciding how much to put in the 401(k), or whether they might want extra life insurance. Our customers love ALEX because he helps their employees figure out what’s best for their personal situations, which, in turn, saves our customers a boat-load of time and money – everybody wins! As we sell more and more of ALEX, we need more and more non-virtual (i.e., real life) people to keep the virtual ones amazing. That’s where you come in.
GREAT, SO WHAT’S THE JOB?
Jellyvision is looking to capitalize on the momentum that comes with disrupting an industry ripe for change and a big part of that is growing a team of Account Managers, who are charged with delighting and growing current ALEX® accounts. The team’s goal is to:
- Help clients be successful in their use of ALEX®
- Sell clients other ALEX® products and services that solve their problems
- Leverage strong client relationships for marketing
- Effectively communicate client insights to the broader team at Jellyvision
- Oh and be super fun and charming along the way.
The role involves a lot of client interaction (duh), a key focus on account growth and sales, and the ability to develop and maximize a close working relationship with the Insights analyst team (which is managed under the same VP). We’re a curious, goofy (but in a cool way), hard-working bunch who really like each other. It makes for a fun work day.
NO REALLY, WHAT WOULD I, LIKE, DO?
A successful Account Manager would:
- Actively sell the client on Jellyvision’s new technologies and products – executing a strong sales process complete with preresearch, consultative question asking, pitches, and follow-ups
- Support key client accounts through the sale of custom services, working with our project management and services team to appropriately scope and execute the project
- Help the account team design and iterate on the system for client touch points throughout their journey with ALEX®, managing the hand off from sales and the integration with the marketing and implementation teams
- Answer client questions (via phone and email) with a deft mix of charm and hard-core competence
- Travel occasionally to visit clients onsite
SO WHAT KIND OF FOLKS ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?
We’re looking for awesome, experienced account managers, super comfortable with selling large corporate accounts and working with sales quotas. But, we’re also filling a few spots for those account managers with only a couple years under their belts, but a strong desire to leverage what they’ve got. Bonus points if you’ve worked specifically with HR/Corporate Communications accounts or in the SAAS industry.
In a nutshell, we’re looking for people who are:
- Excitable. This role is about championing the client and chasing the win. You should be a person who gets excited with the “a-ha” moment, excited by the sale, and excited by Jellyvision’s product and place in the market.
- Bright. You’ll have to do great research to be the expert on your client accounts and the issues in the industry – a lot of this involves creative problem solving and crafty communication.
- Curious. In this role, you have to be inquisitive and energetic. You’re going to have to take a consultative approach to sales, being insightful and endlessly seeking out the real problems your clients are facing. Know-it alls need not apply.
- Insightful. All that great client knowledge and question asking? You’re going to have to use it wisely to make the right connections between your clients’ needs, Jellyvision’s products, and their overall Jellyvision experience.
- Discerning. This role walks the fuzzy line connecting customer relationship management and sales. You’re going to have to know when to try to make the sale, and when to hold off because it’s not the right solution for your client.
- Genuine. No one likes a phony. Jellyvision people really care, are really interested, and really want to help people. Don’t be afraid to be you.
- Driven and motivated. This is a role where you’ll be encouraged to do great work by everyone around you, and you need to be up for the challenge. Our amazing team will help make sure you have the tools to ace the job, but ultimately your success will be determined by your hard work and dedication.
- Confident, not cocky. At the end of the day, we’re a humble crew. You’ve got to have personality (wit and Jellyvision charm) inserted into all of your client communications, but still have the gravitas to close a sale with the big-wigs.
ANYTHING ELSE? Yes. As we mentioned above, we only hire nice, bright, funny people who are willing to work hard. Jellyvision is a group effort and you must be capable of working collaboratively with internal and external people alike. Everyone at Jellyvision shares a commitment to excellence and a desire to work in a comfortable, friendly atmosphere.
ARE THERE ANY PERKS? Yes, we love perks.
- Competitive pay, stock options and benefits. 401(k) with matching. And we pay 100% of the cost of premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance for our employees (as long as you qualify for our tobacco-free discount; if you’re a tobacco user, your medical premiums will be higher than $0). We also cover a really nice chunk of the cost of premiums for spouse/partner/dependent medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Casual dress and a flexible schedule. Come in a sweatshirt, jeans, whatever, like everyone else here.
- Creative work environment. We are lucky to work in a place that is full of intelligent, talented and innovative folks. Although most hours the place is deathly quiet (we’re a focused bunch), this is punctuated with hilarious outbursts and general merriment, which makes a nice way to spend the day.
- Free food. Every week, we stock our kitchen with free healthy snack foods, and we have a catered lunch once a week to give people a reason to hang out and eat together.
- Easy transportation. We’re really close to the ‘L’ and the Halsted (#8) bus (right by the Apple Store and Mega Whole Foods too), and we have a transit FSA that allows you to dedicate pretax dollars to public transportation expenses. And a number of our employees like to bike to work, so we also have showers and lockers in the office.
- Did we mention our yoga class? We bring a pro instructor right to the office. Fully subsidized by Jellyvision and fully optional, btw.
- Oh! And we have a massage chair. Not just any massage chair, my friend. It’s the HumanTouch HT 5320 WholeBody™ Massage Chair. Feeling a little stiff? Sit down. Relax. Feel better? Good. Okay, back to work.
Great, we look forward to reading your application – make sure it includes:
- A cover letter that highlights three reasons you think you’d be great for the gig, focusing on how your past work experience has prepared you for this kind of position – or why you think you can rock the job even though you don’t have past work experience that’s perfectly aligned. Writing is key to all that we do, and we weigh cover letters heavily. Like, heavy as a Mack truck.
- Your resume.
You will receive an auto-reply confirming that we’ve received your application.
If you decide to apply, please know that every complete application will be carefully reviewed. Seriously! We know it is a time commitment to prepare an application. And we respect that effort by thoughtfully reviewing every complete application and responding one way or the other. But that kind of thoughtful review means that it sometimes takes us awhile to get back to applicants, so please NO PHONE CALLS. The time we spend responding to phone calls and emails inquiring about where we are in the process is time that we could be spending actually moving the process along – so please be patient with us!
Simply put, Jellyvision is a kooky-yet-clever interactive marketing company, the spawn of a gaming company best known for creating the irreverent trivia game show You Don’t Know Jack. Since sprouting forth from Jack’s bald head in 2001, we have retained Jack’s sense of humor while embarking on our own mission of shifting the focus of the web from “navigation” to “conversation”. Basically, we want to make the internet more human (that can’t backfire, right? It’s not like the internet is going to become sentient). So we traded in the virtual game show host for a fleet of virtual salespeople, brokers, guidance counselors, and teachers who add personality and personalization to complex ideas that would be otherwise way too complicated or snooze-inducing.