At EventMobi we develop technology to help events & conferences create and deliver the ultimate event experience through mobile apps, web and desktop based products. Clients like Motorola, Nestle, and Intel have used EventMobi to enhance the attendee experience at their events. We are growing our talented team, and are looking for an Agile Coach to work with our cross-functional product teams (Product Manager, Designer + 2-5 developers) to push out the best event technology software possible.
We develop using micro-services exposed through a (Python) RESTful API to feed our Node & AngularJS applications – from our mobile apps, to the app-building services, real-time chat / gamification / mapping services and tons more.
In the past year we’ve more than tripled our growth & our software now services 7000+ events and millions of users worldwide. We’re expecting that growth to continue again (while still being bootstrapped with no funding) and if you are interested in helping us scale, and meet the next set of challenges, let’s chat! Hopefully you also have some familiarity with our tech stack – Python, AngularJS, NodeJS, Express, MySQL, Redis, AWS as our main tools day to day.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Agile Leadership – Continually bring forward agile practices and help our product teams of cross-functional engineers to be as high performing and high quality as possible. Act as a project manager when needed.
- Process – Manage the team’s agile process in how they get their work done and monitor their performance, guide and continually improve their process in shipping great software.
- Mentorship – Lunch & learns, mentorship, 1-on-1s. You will teach and help your team grow personally and professionally.
- Quality & Efficiency – Best practices, craftsmanship, code reviews & walkthroughs – whatever you can do to ensure your team is keeping quality top of mind and making them as efficient as possible. This also means creating and tracking KPI’s for the engineering teams.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- 3+ years experience as a software engineer working on large or fast scaling products
- 2+ years experience as an Agile Coach / Scrum Master / Product Owner / Engineering Manager
- Deep understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Deep understanding of Agile Principles (and not a capital “A” Agile fanatic, understand when / where process & structure is needed and when it’s not)
- Familiar with Agile development practices, Kanban, Scrum, CI/CD workflows
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
What you’ll get at EventMobi:
- Competitive salary back with a great benefits package
- All expenses paid company & team retreats in exotic locations (Previously Iceland, Costa Rica)
- A small, extremely smart & open-minded team that is passionate about cutting edge mobile and web technologies
- A completely transparent, open, and collaborative environment
- Large training budget to attend a conference of their choice, with travel, all paid for
- Free breakfast every morning, subsidized lunch program 3x a week.
- Your choice of workstation (MacBook Air? Thunderbolt display? you name it)
- The ability to try new things, fail and learn, and be as creative you can be. We do not understand limits!
EventMobi makes it easy for planners to create custom registration and event apps for meetings, conferences and events. Fully integrated in the event app, attendees can send messages to each other, create their own schedules, vote on live polls, download presentation slides & more!