- Proactively manage and respond to a high volume of prospective students efficiently; make 50-75 calls per day to student leads
- Own targets and manage a robust student pipeline; build and cultivate relationships on an ongoing basis to drive results
- Interview prospective students to ensure that their qualifications and interest are a match for our programs
- Use Salesforce to manage and track student lead pipeline
- Implement and stick to a contact strategy by prioritizing leads
- Ask the right questions on calls to assess a student’s needs and tailor a conversation to answer questions and council on the available potential solutions and GA’s offerings
- Drive conversions of leads to students through strategic and consultative phone or in-person conversations
- Counsel prospective students on understanding the value of and commitment to the GA program – you’re going the help them make a big life change!
- Host and lead in-person info sessions on campus to greet prospective students, provide information about GA courses and convert leads
- 1-2 years proven experience in consultative sales, consumer sales, admissions or recruiting.
- 4-year Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Strong cold-calling experience a plus
- Exceptional closing skills while still remaining welcoming, understanding, and empathetic
- Driven by meeting numbers and experience exceeding quotas, driving for results in a target-driven environment
- Ability to think on your feet, try new approaches and bounce back when things don’t go your way
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to influence others internally and externally
- Ability to tie an individual’s wants and needs into a logical solution
- Confidence pitching to in both 1:1 and 1:many situations
About General Assembly
At General Assembly, we are creating a global community of individuals empowered to pursue work they love, by offering full-time immersive programs, long-form courses, and classes and workshops on the most relevant skills of the 21st century – from web development and user experience design, to business fundamentals, to data science, to product management and digital marketing. Established in early 2011 as an innovative community in New York City for entrepreneurs and startup companies, General Assembly is an educational institution that transforms thinkers into creators through education in technology, business and design at fourteen campuses across four continents.