- Answer inbound potential student calls in a fast-paced environment; route potential students to appropriate Admissions team members
- Assist applicants with questions about General Assembly and upcoming workshops, courses and immersive opportunities
- Think on your feet to devise creative solutions to any and all problems that arise
- Maintain upbeat, personable and helpful experience for all potential students
- 0-2 years experience in a phone-based customer service related position is preferred
- You have stellar written and verbal communication skills – you never shy away from a phone conversation.
- You are passionate about education, technology and the GA mission
- You are detail-oriented and organized
- This is a part-time position on our Admissions team, working less than 30 hours/week, in 5 hour shifts; typically either 9-2, or 1-6 pm EST.
- 5-hour shifts are scheduled in advance and rotate. The more flexibility you have, the better.
About General Assembly
At General Assembly, we are creating a global community of individuals empowered to pursue work they love, by offering full-time immersive programs, long-form courses, and classes and workshops on the most relevant skills of the 21st century – from web development and user experience design, to business fundamentals, to data science, to product management and digital marketing. Established in early 2011 as an innovative community in New York City for entrepreneurs and startup companies, General Assembly is an educational institution that transforms thinkers into creators through education in technology, business and design at fourteen campuses across four continents.