Responsibilities would include, but not be limited to:
- Recording daily direct deposits
- Tracking and maintaing class balances
- Reaching out to past due students and accounts
- Creating Invoices and PO’s for Enterprise Division
- Reconciling student payments with our internal tracking tools
- Assisting Controller and Accounting Manager in Month End Close
- Ad-Hoc Projects
Experience and Skills Required:
- 1+ Year of previous AR or Finance Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting (preferred)
- Proficient in Excel and Database maintenance
- Experience with QuickBooks Online
- Highly Organized and Detail Oriented
- Entrepreneur at heart – you enjoy working as part of a small team, rapidly iterating on strategy, and getting your hands dirty to build something great
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Curiosity and ability to think creatively, flexibility and a sense of humor.
- Self-starter with the ability to set and keep deadlines and commitments.
- Holds him/herself and others accountable for results.
About General Assembly
At General Assembly, we are creating a global community of individuals empowered to pursue work they love, by offering full-time immersive programs, long-form courses, and classes and workshops on the most relevant skills of the 21st century – from web development and user experience design, to business fundamentals, to data science, to product management and digital marketing. Established in early 2011 as an innovative community in New York City for entrepreneurs and startup companies, General Assembly is an educational institution that transforms thinkers into creators through education in technology, business and design at fourteen campuses across four continents.