- Complete all month-end close related tasks (prepare journal entries, review journal entries prepared by staff, etc.).
- Perform trend analysis related to month-end close.
- Lead the year-end audits for all international locations (information gathering and financial statement preparation).
- Work with Legal, HR and Real Estate teams to establish new market launch programs
- Partner with in-country tax-preparer to support the information gathering related to the preparation of qtrly and annual tax filings.
- Prepare monthly expense related balance sheet reconciliations (prepaid, fixed assets, debt, deferred rent, AP, Accrued expenses, etc.).
- Assist with establishing and enhancing accounting policy, processes and controls.
- Partner with the Global operational accounting team to ensure controls and procedures are in place to support international market requirements, including establishing bank accounts, proper invoice presentation, onboarding vendors and processing payments
- Lead special projects to support scaling the accounting function, such as implementation of an ERP, GCOA, software capitalization, transfer pricing
- Ability to motivate teams, manage projects and work under pressure, with little supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task and shift gears when necessary, while still meeting deadlines.
- Great written and verbal communication skills, with an emphasis on providing timely and satisfactory responses.
- Detail-oriented while still understanding the big picture.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Solid understanding of IFRS and GAAP with the ability and desire to research accounting rules.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- 5 -7 years working in Corporate Accounting/Finance required
- Excel Proficiency required
- Supervisory experience required
- CPA Preferred
- Start-up Experience Preferred
About General Assembly
At General Assembly, we are creating a global community of individuals empowered to pursue work they love, by offering full-time immersive programs, long-form courses, and classes and workshops on the most relevant skills of the 21st century – from web development and user experience design, to business fundamentals, to data science, to product management and digital marketing. Established in early 2011 as an innovative community in New York City for entrepreneurs and startup companies, General Assembly is an educational institution that transforms thinkers into creators through education in technology, business and design at fourteen campuses across four continents.