- Owning the relationship with each rail carrier in your portfolio.
- Evolve SilverRail’s profile by establishing consistence communications and reports to highlight the value SilverRail brings to each carrier.
- Develop and deliver initiatives that grow SilverRail’s transaction & revenue volumes for each carrier through actively managing and developing the relationship.
- Keep each rail carrier up-to-date with SilverRail’s distribution network highlighting and profiling new partners implementing
- Deliver annual business reviews for each rail carrier.
- Negotiate where appropriate access to promotional fares and merchandising opportunities for SilverRail’s distribution partners.
- Facilitate the SilverRail product team’s initiatives as they relate to each carrier allowing SilverRail to deliver innovation in the market.
- you will spearhead building SilverRail’s market intelligence by gaining a deep understanding of the market dynamics and landscape for the markets you are responsible
- Mastery of detail – at any given time there are dozens of client issues to be solved (whether technical, commercial or legal), and an ability to stay on top of this complexity (while not losing sight of the strategic / financial aims of the business) is very valuable. Strong analytical skills are required in the role, given the complexity of the business.
- Extensive ecommerce experience – and familiarity with ecommerce / e-marketing metrics and their management – is highly desirable.
- Sales/Negotiation/Influencing skills – partner negotiation is a vital skill in the business to grow into new markets, sell in new functionality/features.
- B2B Exposure – Experience of B2B organisations driven by account management & sales management processes and metrics will be of benefit to the successful candidate
- People management / relationship / communication skills – the role is very client facing, involving client contact in negotiation and on-going partner contact
- Self Driven – Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and manage a wide variety of projects simultaneously and under deadline.
- Inspiring Trust – Maintains high standards of personal integrity; behaves in accord with expressed beliefs and commitments; establishes open, candid, and trusting relationships; treats others fairly and consistently; collaborates as a team player; never undermines others for own gain.
- Driving Execution – Uses benchmarks and performance measures to track progress; tackles problems head-on and works to resolve them without delay; drives continuous improvement in all organisation processes and products.
- High Impact Communications and Influencing/Negotiating – Creates open channels of communication; keeps others well informed; listens carefully to input and feedback and encourages others to express contrary views; builds confidence and inspires support through a convincing communications style; promotes and sells ideas persuasively; shapes the opinion of key stakeholders; promotes and projects a positive image of the organisation; wins acceptance for proposed changes & new initiatives; works through conflicts to create win/win results; negotiates skilfully to get the best deal possible.
About SilverRail Tech
SilverRail is a transformative technology business with a mission to make global rail available, affordable and accessible. The first rail revolution set the world in motion, heralding an era of connectivity, commerce and progress. The second revolution is digital, and SilverRail is at the helm. SilverCore is the first unified platform for global rail, connecting global rail carriers with the worldwide ecosystem of travel distributors & retailers. SilverRail is set to unlock the global rail renaissance and see rail reshape short and medium haul travel forever. Today, our growing team of travel and e-commerce experts, mathematicians and software engineers work out of offices in London, Boston, Brisbane and Stockholm.