BookBub is a venture-backed startup launched by serial entrepreneurs in 2012. Millions of readers interact with the site every day and the service helps thousands of leading publishers and authors drive sales and find new fans. We’re growing our team to launch new consumer-facing book discovery features, tools for authors and publishers, and other web and mobile products that address the digital transition of the publishing industry.
About this position:
BookBub’s Account Managers help our publisher partners use BookBub to effectively sell books and find new fans. We are seeking an Account Manager who will be responsible for driving business from a subset of publisher accounts and acting as their main BookBub liaison.
- Acting as the main day-to-day contact for 30+ publisher accounts.
- Hitting quarterly and annual team revenue goals.
- Generating new and incremental revenue by educating and upselling partners on BookBub’s offerings and services.
- Preparing clients effectively for their BookBub campaigns and providing results and insights post-campaign.
- Providing strategic guidance in order to help maximize clients’ ROI potential.
- Working collaboratively with marketing and technology teams to drive adoption of new BookBub products among clients.
- Ensuring client retention and loyalty by providing excellent client services and an unwavering willingness to assist partners with any concerns.
- Serving as a brand advocate for BookBub in the publishing industry.
- Some travel required for industry events and out-of-state client meetings.
Ideal candidates for the position will have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A superior ability to develop and foster relationships with professionalism and poise.
- An ability to think outside the box and be creative in coming up with new ways to engage clients with BookBub.
- Proven account management, selling/upselling, and problem-solving skills.
- A solid understanding of marketing strategies and data-driven performance metrics.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree from a selective college.
- 3+ years of sales, account management, or related experience.
- Strong knowledge of the publishing industry and its key players
BookBub is a free service that helps millions of readers discover great deals on acclaimed ebooks while providing publishers and authors with a way to drive sales and find new fans. Members receive a personalized daily email alerting them to the best free and deeply discounted titles matching their interests as selected by our editorial team. BookBub works with all major ebook retailers and devices, and is the industry’s leading ebook price promotion service. BookBub was founded in 2012 and is headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA.