The Nerdery is seeking an account executive with service sales experience to represent us based in the Chicago market. Under limited supervision, this position is responsible for developing relationships directly with companies seeking to enhance their working web or mobile environments.
- Identify and track prospective clients and develop an understanding of key issues in their environment that we can help resolve through custom software solutions.
- Gather market and customer information.
- Work to develop additional business opportunities through existing relationships through ongoing contact and marketing of value-added service programs.
- Gain a clear understanding of customers’ businesses and requirements.
Work with solution engineer and development departments to make accurate, rapid cost calculations, providing clients with timely and competitive quotes.
- Negotiate variations in price, delivery and specifications with managers.
- Negotiate the terms of agreement and close sales.
- Advise clients on forthcoming tech developments and special promotions.
- Communicate with clients to provide updates on existing projects.
- Record sales and order information and maintain accurate records.
- Review sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets.
- Minimum of five years business-to-business outside sales experience with focus on new account generation, preferably selling a service
- Sales experience using consultative selling approach
- Strong presentation and communication skills, proficiency in Microsoft office and contact-management software, etc.
- The Account Executive will be required to travel in order to visit existing and prospective customers, therefore must have a valid driver’s license.
- The ideal candidate will have conversational knowledge of interactive technology and both the ability and the genuine interest to constantly learn about this rapidly evolving field
- Knowledge of custom software sales is a plus.
- The ideal candidate will have conversational knowledge of interactive technology and both the ability and the genuine interest to constantly learn about this rapidly evolving field.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
We create web, mobile, user experience design, and application solutions We've outgrown seven offices since we started in 2003 and are bursting at the seams with technical experts because we've faithfully pursued our vision: be the best place in the world for nerds to work. It comes naturally to us, being founded by three programmers, to make a nerd-friendly environment – that's what we've done for our hundreds of employees. Sure, we have a dog-friendly workplace, a perpetual chess tournament and a 250-seat Rock Band venue, but the most critical ingredient in keeping an army of technical geniuses happy (other than caffeine) is compelling problems to solve. Luckily, our unique business model ensures that we never run short on interesting problems to sink our teeth into. We consult with our partners on tech strategy, user experience design, development and quality assurance. Sticklers on details, you can count on nerds when it comes to numbers – we have the data to prove it.